Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookie or a Biscuit

It was my last weekend after lunch i was in a craving for some sweet.Also on the outside it was raining and it made me crave more.So i started searching/googling for some baked goods.I thought of making cookie,and what came to my mind is eggless oatmeal raisin cookie.I found this recipe in cdkitchen and i tweaked to my comfort and made this cookie.

As this is my first attempt in making cookie it came out as a biscuit like crispy.For the chewyness,raisin came to my help and it was good with cup of tea.Try to dip some in tea and you will be hooked.I added a tbsp of cocoa powder to give hint of chocolate flavor and it did give a flavor to the cookie.

Recipe adapted from cdkitchen

Wet Ingredients :
Butter :1/2 stick soft
Light brown sugar : 1/2 cup

Sugar :1/4 cup
Water : 1tbsp
Vinegar : 1/2 tbsp 
Vanilla essence : 1/4 tsp

Dry Ingredients:
Salt : a pinch
Quick cooking oats : 1/2 cup
Raisins,:1/4 cup 
AP Flour : 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
Cocoa Powder : 1tbsp
Baking powder : 1 tspBaking soda : 1/2 tsp


1.In a bowl combine wet ingredients and whisk well.
2.In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and add the raisin.
3.Combine the wet ingredients to dry flour and make dough.
4.preheat the oven for 350F.
5.Grease a Cookie sheet and make a small ball and flatten it.
6.Bake for 15mins or till the cookie is brown.
7.Leave room for each cookie as it spreads.


I didnt have vinegar in my hand and added yogurt,so it became little watery so cudnt able to roll as a dough.I kept a spoonful in cookie sheet.






The end result is crispy and tasty chocolaty biscuit.Have a hot cup of tea and enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. these biscuits looks so delicious n crunchy ...perfectly baked ..lovely recipe dear ...thanks for sharing

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. luks delicious and crunchy.. they came out perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscuits looks awesome and prefectly baked..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cookies simply delectable.

    ReplyDelete