Thursday, July 29, 2010

50th Post with a Sweet!!(Gulab Jamun)

Yay!! I made to my 50th post....

First of all...i want to Thank You each and everyone who visits my blog ,go through my recipes and leaving wonderful comments. These comments are making me create more recipes. My heartest thanks to all of you.THANK YOU.

Starting a blog really did change something in me.I am a homemaker and making normal cooking in day to day to life.But after starting this blog,i started trying new recipes from other blog.Starting to make more healthy meals and i am happy with this and my family.

For this 50th post i am giving you a sweet recipe which is... Gulab Jamun.Yes most loved by all ,
Gulab Jamun... loved by elders to kids...I made this Gulab Jamun and also made a Black Forrest Cake for my lil one's Birthday last weekend.

I had planned to make a cake, my hubby asked me to make another indian sweet.Every time i make,i do with MTR Gulab Jamun mix,but this time i made fully homemade.Like i said,im trying new thing.For homemade Gulab Jamun recipe where did i go...ChefInYou.I love her blog and also those lovely picture.I found her recipe of making Khova and also Gulab Jamun,  made this yummy Gulab Jamun.It came out really good and tasted yummy too....You can find step by step picture in Chefinyou(Gulab Jamun)

Make your own khova when you are baking or doing some cooking,as this takes around 2 to 2.30 hours.You cant leave this as you need to stir contionously to become thick and finally khoya.

To Make Khova.

Ingredients:
Milk : 1.5 litres(full fat)

In a Non-stick pan,bring milk to boil.when it boils simmer to low to medium and keep stirring.Once in a while keep stirring until it becomes thick and becomes khoya.Store in refridgerater.It stays good for 1 week.I made this before night and used the next day to make Jamuns.



To Make Gulab Jamun.

Ingredients :
For Gulab Jamun:
Khova : 1.5cup
Maida/AP flour :1cup
Cooking soda : a pinch
Oil for frying

For Sugar Syrup:
Sugar : 3 cups
Water : 1 cups
Saffron : 1tsp
Cardamon Powder : 1tsp

In a Large pan bring sugar and water to boil.Once starts to boil add saffron and cardamon powder.
Meanwhile mix maida,khova and cooking soda.add little by little water to make smooth and soft dough.
Spread some ghee in your palm and make a small lemon size ball.
Deep fry them in oil till all sides are brown.
Toss it in sugar syrup till they are warm.


Enjoy !!!

Sending this to EFM-Sweets and Savories for Diwali Series... event hosted by srishkitchen

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on ur 50th post.. wish to see more posts in future.. all the best... gulab jamuns luks delicious and soft..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your milestone dear.. the gulab jamuns look yummy n perfect.. btw thanx 4 dropping by my blog n the lovely words ..do keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thts truly tempting dish dear..my fav...looks mindblowing n amazingly delicious.mmm...mmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a grt milestone..congrats swapna. wish to see u with 50K recipes soon.. all the very best..
    the gulab jamun looks so delicious and made from the scratch looks so delicious and best choice on this day

    ReplyDelete
  5. u hv got great collection of recipes specially this gulab jamun.do visit and comment on my food blog too.n if u like u can become follower of my blog.my blog is meghasyummyfooddelight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. COngrats dear for reaching this milestone, wishing u more beautiful things like this..spongy jamuns looks yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow awesome Gulab Jamun recipe!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete