Thursday, May 27, 2010

Uggi

Uggi(Tulu)I know name sound different right!! This,i got from my MIL which Uggi is similar to Venn Pongal Consistency but the taste is totally different.My Husband is not a great fan of Venn Pongal, he always asks me to make Uggi and got this from my MIL.This is quite different and a healthy one with little sweet.Do try and let me Know.

Like Pongal this also need rice and moong dhal,but the spices are different.Cloves and Jaggery is added to make this dish sweet and tasty.

You Need:
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Moong Dhal : 1/2 cup
Cloves : 4
Jaggery : 1 tbsp
Coconut : 2 tbsp
Salt : as needed.

Jeera seeds for tampering

Wash rice and dhal keep aside
1.In a pan add ghee and add Cumin/Jeera seeds.
2.When it crackle,add cloves and fry for few seconds.
3.Bring to low flame add  rice and dhal and switch off.
4.Add coconut,jaggery and salt and mix well.
5.Add 3 cups of water and transfer to rice cooker.
6.Cook and serve hot with Puli Bajji.


Note : Like Venn Pongal,this needs to be mushy.If  needed add a little water and cook  again.Making little or more sweet is your choice.Add jaggery accordingly.

This goes well with Puli Bajji.

No comments:

Post a Comment